RECOVER AFTER A LOSS
Please follow these steps to assure your claim is handled quickly and efficiently.
- Take all steps necessary to protect you and your family. If the authorities recommend evacuating, follow their instructions to ensure that you are safe. If you must evacuate your home, please keep all receipts for expenses that are incurred during that time.
- Take photos of all property damage, and take temporary steps to protect your property from further damage. For example, you will want to cover exposed property with a tarp and keep receipts for any temporary repairs. Please do not make permanent repairs until your adjuster has had a chance to inspect the damage.
- Immediately after the loss, contact your agent or broker, call us at 1-866-482-5246 , or file your claim on our website. The quicker you let us know, the sooner we can work with you to limit the extent of the damages and settle your claim. In the event of a hurricane, we will be prepared and readily available to process and handle your claim.
- Let our claims representative know the facts of the loss, including how, when, what and where it occurred, and who may have been involved or witnessed the incident that caused the loss.
- For all thefts, please call the police and let them know which items were stolen and report all stolen credits cards immediately to your credit card company.
- In the event of a loss to personal property, please provide any videos, photographs, manuals, model names, serial numbers or the store where it was purchased to help quickly settle your claim.
- Remember that you can always check the status of your claim online.